Monday, September 28, 2009

S.L.O.B. Weekend



As I opened my drowsy, crusty eyes, I cringed, expecting the sun beaming directly onto my pale body, but the sun wasn't even out yet. It was a cold, foggy Saturday morning and I had to peel out of bed just to help out around the house and make honey with August. Dreading to face June, I crept towards the kitchen, avoiding to make much contact with the cold floor as possible. I entered and found August, June and Rosaline all participating in doing their part around the kitchen. June ignored me, decided what to make for breakfast and dinner with May while Rosaline tried to clean the best she could. Resistant, I started doing my part and joined in conversation.

After I washed my sticky hands I decided to go on a little "adventure" and explore the area. The leaves outside dripped with the water from on and off sprinkles all day and I struggled to not slip on any grass or get my shoes in any type of mud. After what seemed like I had walked forever, I came across a small creek. Small fish raced each other and gentle sounds of the flowing river danced into my ears. A smile painted onto my face after finding a small dry spot to rest on. I dipped my feet into the creek, not caring anymore if I got wet and got my clothing dirty. I felt at peace, resting my head onto the soft grass and listening to the soft sounds that nature produced.
And that was the last thing I remember.

I woke up, it was rather dark, but the moonlight made it a bit brighter. Crickets chirped, the creek continued to sing, most of the fish seemed to have found their beds except a small few who were still trying to find theirs, the grass had dried somewhat and my feet grew pruned due to I had fallen asleep for several hours. I lazily got up and found my shoes, struggling to find a way back, I groaned. "Shitbucket" was the only thing I could manage to say as looked for the dirt path I had followed. I finally stumbled into August, May and Junes house, where dinner invited me in and everyone's arms were opened to me, despite small grudges. Even if T. Rey manged to end up finding me, I would cherish these moments for as long as I could manage.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gen!
    I really liked the way you opened the chapter; right away I was captured by the descriptiveness of your writing. Also, I liked how you really emphasized the hatred emitting from June's character.
    Diegos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice descriptions, and the visual really helped too. You really emphasized, and I really think you should read more at WEX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way you said you were avoiding june but you ran into her any way.... i also like how you really sound like lily!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete